Vegan Quesarito Recipe
The Vegan Quesarito is no ordinary burrito. This burrito is wrapped in a stretchy, melty Vegan Quesadilla! Our Quesarito is 100% vegan, plant-based, and is absolutely mouth watering.
- 8 Large Soft Tortillas
- 1 Package Vegan Cheese Shreds
- 2 Cups Cooked White Rice (or Brown Rice)
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Package Meatless Crumbles We used LightLife Mexican Crumbles that are pre-seasoned to taste like taco ground. If you can’t find the Mexican Crumbles from LightLife, you can buy any other meatless ground and add half a packet of taco seasoning.
- 1 Half Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- Homemade Vegan Sour Cream
- Vegan Nacho Cheese Optional
To begin the Vegan Quesarito, start by cooking all of the cooked ingredients first. In a pan on a medium heat setting, saute yellow onions & garlic for about 2-3 minutes. (If you don’t have pre-cooked rice in your fridge, cook your rice first and then proceed to this step).
Once the onions and garlic become fragrant, add in your choice of meatless ground and cook together for about 5-7 minutes. Since this isn’t real meat, the meatless ground doesn’t require much time to cook.
Once you have prepared the rice and meatless ground, it’s time to make the quesadilla wrap Pre-heat your griddle to the medium-high setting. Begin by spreading an even layer of vegan cheese shreds (& nacho cheese if you opted-in) in between two tortillas and press for about 1 minute. The goal is to melt the cheese but not overheat the tortillas so that they remain malleable for your burrito wrapping.
Now that your ingredients are cooked and the quesadilla is made, you’re ready to build your first Vegan Quesarito! Layer the rice, meatless ground, Homemade Vegan Sour Cream, & cheese shreds on the quesadilla and wrap it like a burrito. Gently press in the griddle again after wrapping to secure the fold and your Vegan Quesarito is done. Enjoy!