Vegan Stroganoff Recipe –
Who doesn’t love a comforting plate of pasta on a rainy day? Great news! Our Vegan Stroganoff recipe is the perfect comfort meal to have when you’re all bundled up at home. The creamy sauce combined with flavorful, meaty mushrooms and subtle sweet peas makes this dish one you’d repeat throughout the week! Something about a creamy pasta dish always makes James and I feel like we’re a kid again without stress in mind.
Not only is our Stroganoff easy, nutritious, and satiating but it is also dairy-free, nut-free, and 100% plant-based! Traditional Stroganoff is filled with heart-clogging ingredients such as sour cream and real beef. This delicious Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff recipe is clean and free of hydrogenated fats, milk, and modified ingredients! Packed with flavor and health benefits, this vegan recipe is perfect to make for your friends and family.
For this recipe, James and I went with our favorite veggie: mushrooms! Mushrooms are our personal favorite vegetable to use in any meat-centered dish. Typically, Stroganoff is made with beef crumbles. However, instead of using a vegan meat substitute, we used baby Bellas. The flavor and texture of the baby Bellas compliment our plant-based Stroganoff sauce perfectly. This fully plant-based recipe is exquisite comforting, and healthy! It’s quick and easy to whip up during any day of the week. Try out this recipe for your friends & family and let us know in the comments below how it turned out!
Like this recipe? Subscribe below for updates on all of our latest recipes!
Vegan Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 Pack Spaghetti
- 24 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Can Sweet Peas
- 2 Vegan Beef Flavored Bouillon Cubes
- 1 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 Cups Hot Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast (Nooch)
- 2 tbsp Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
- Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Begin by chopping your peeled yellow onion and slicing the baby Bellas. Set a pot to boil for your spaghetti while you prepare the Stroganoff sauce.
- In a pyrex/bowl, combine 2 vegan beef flavored bouillon cubes, 1 ½ cups hot water (to dissolve cubes), and 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp grapeseed oil and saute your chopped onion, 4 crushed garlic cloves, and mushrooms for about 5-6 minutes until soft & the mushrooms have released their liquid.
- Slowly stir in ¼ cup flour to the saucepan until well combined. Stir in the vegan beef broth you set aside earlier until a thick, creamy sauce begins to form. Simmer on low. You may need a little more flour depending on what kind of non-dairy milk you used.
- Once the stroganoff sauce has become thick and creamy, add 1 can of peas, 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast, 1 tsp fresh thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Once your spaghetti is cooked, serve with a generous amount of this delicious vegan Stroganoff sauce and enjoy!
Want to receive more? Please follow our blog to receive updates for our latest recipes!
Want to see more recipes? Click Below!