Vegan Sloppy Philly Cheesesteak –
These Vegan Sloppy Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches are a delicious twist to its predecessor! James and I came up with this recipe one day when we were craving a mouthwatering, hot Philly Cheesesteak but only had burger buns and no hoagie rolls! What were we to do with all the ingredients for a Philly Cheesesteak and no hoagie rolls? Make a Sloppy Philly Cheesesteak! It was a success! We were astonished at how easy and tasty the outcome was. We are so happy we decided to experiment and create this yummy recipe to share with you all.
This recipe only requires 8 ingredients, is 100% vegan, and super quick to whip up! You probably have most of the ingredients in your fridge as we did. This recipe is great to make for your friends and family because it tastes just like the “real” thing but is completely plant-based! Who knew you can still enjoy a cheesy, “meaty” sandwich and still be vegan?!
Like we’ve mentioned before, the great thing about being vegan cooking is that there are no rules! James and I enjoy roaming our fridge, gathering some ingredients, and getting creative! We didn’t have any green peppers on hand so we used what we had (orange and yellow). The trick to getting the vegan meat to taste like the traditional Philly flank is the vegan Worcestershire sauce. That being said, the Worcestershire sauce is pertinent to this recipe to accomplish the most accurate flavor. We also recommend using the Beyond Meat Beef for its incredibly convincing meat-like texture and flavor. However, we understand it may not be accessible for everyone so our second choice is the Gardein Meatless Crumble.
We hope you try this recipe out for yourself and let us know in the comments below what you think! Subscribe below for updates on our latest recipes!
Vegan Sloppy Philly Cheesesteak
- 1 lb Beyond Meat Beef
- 2 Bell Peppers Diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Sliced Vegan Cheese (We used Provolone from Violife)
- 4 Burger Buns
- To make the Vegan Philly Cheesesteak meat, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Saute onions, peppers, and garlic for about 2-3 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Once the onions have sweated for about 4 minutes, add the thawed Beyond Meat Beef.
- Add 1 tbsp of vegan Worcestershire sauce and 1 tbsp of soy sauce to the Beyond Meat Beef and cook for about 6-7 minutes until browned.
- Remove from heat and begin building your Vegan Sloppy Philly Cheesesteak! Layer a generous amount of the vegan Philly beef on a warm bun and top with a slice of vegan cheese. Enjoy!
Want to receive more? Please follow our blog to receive updates for our latest recipes!
Want to see more recipes? Click Below!