Vegan Quesarito Burrito Recipe –
Fall in love with this incredible vegan creation: The Vegan Quesarito! This burrito is not your regular burrito. This burrito is stuffed with white rice and meatless ground and wrapped in a delicious, stretchy, melty Vegan Quesadilla! Our Quesarito is 100% vegan, plant-based, and absolutely mouth watering. The inspiration for this recipe was Taco Bell’s Quesarito and you’ll be happy to see for yourself that this vegan rendition tastes even better!
The first time I made this, James was shocked! He was smitten by this concoction and the possibility of taking something that is totally non-vegan and veganizing it to fit our plant-based lifestyle! Granted, this isn’t meant to replace every meal in your daily life. However, it’s great to have as a tasty vegan recipe you can pull out to impress all of your non-vegan friends and treat yo’self for a day!
The best part: this Vegan Quesarito is quick and easy! Chances are you probably have most of this stuff in your fridge already and this recipe gives you the opportunity to use it all up! We also featured our super easy 3-ingredient Homemade Vegan Sour Cream in this recipe to add that refreshing, tangy taste. We’d love for you to try this recipe and share your experience with us!
Vegan Quesarito Recipe
- 8 Large Soft Tortillas
- 1 Package Vegan Cheese Shreds
- 2 Cups Cooked White Rice (or Brown Rice)
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Package Meatless Crumbles We used LightLife Mexican Crumbles that are pre-seasoned to taste like taco ground. If you can’t find the Mexican Crumbles from LightLife, you can buy any other meatless ground and add half a packet of taco seasoning.
- 1 Half Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- Homemade Vegan Sour Cream
- Vegan Nacho Cheese Optional
- To begin the Vegan Quesarito, start by cooking all of the cooked ingredients first. In a pan on a medium heat setting, saute yellow onions & garlic for about 2-3 minutes. (If you don’t have pre-cooked rice in your fridge, cook your rice first and then proceed to this step).
- Once the onions and garlic become fragrant, add in your choice of meatless ground and cook together for about 5-7 minutes. Since this isn’t real meat, the meatless ground doesn’t require much time to cook.
- Once you have prepared the rice and meatless ground, it’s time to make the quesadilla wrap Pre-heat your griddle to the medium-high setting. Begin by spreading an even layer of vegan cheese shreds (& nacho cheese if you opted-in) in between two tortillas and press for about 1 minute. The goal is to melt the cheese but not overheat the tortillas so that they remain malleable for your burrito wrapping.
- Now that your ingredients are cooked and the quesadilla is made, you’re ready to build your first Vegan Quesarito! Layer the rice, meatless ground, Homemade Vegan Sour Cream, & cheese shreds on the quesadilla and wrap it like a burrito. Gently press in the griddle again after wrapping to secure the fold and your Vegan Quesarito is done. Enjoy!
Want to receive more? Please follow our blog to receive updates for our latest recipes!
Want to see more recipes? Click Below!