Vegan Mushroom B.L.T. Sandwich –
This Vegan Mushroom B.L.T. with our Mushroom Bacon is perfect for a back-to-school lunch or a quick weekday dinner! Say goodbye to bacon cravings with this Mushroom Bacon recipe. This mushroom bacon is great because you can store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 6 days (if it’ll last you that long)! James grew up eating B.L.T.s as a kid so naturally, this was one of the first sandwiches we made going vegan. This is our go-to meal for a super quick, easy, & healthy meal that is satiating without making you feel awful afterward like real bacon does!
The great thing about this recipe is that you can use our “bacon” seasoning marinade on multiple bacon substitutes such as tempeh. James and I alternate between tempeh and mushrooms for our B.L.T.’s but have come to the conclusion that Mushroom Bacon is definitely our favorite. The meaty texture of mushrooms and it’s absorption of flavor truly makes for a delicious B.L.T.! You can also add our mushroom bacon on top of salads, buddha bowls, breakfast dishes, or anything your mind can come up with!
Get creative and let us know in the comments below how else you used this delicious Mushroom Bacon recipe. Subscribe below for updates on our latest recipes!
Vegan Mushroom B.L.T Recipe
- 20-25 Whole Baby Bella Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Browning Sauce
- 2-3 Tomatoes Sliced
- 1 Cup Spring Salad Mix
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Sliced
- Vegan Mayo for Serving
- To start off, prepare the “bacon seasoning” the mushrooms will marinate in. Slice your mushrooms about a ¼ inch thick and place in a medium-sized ziplock bag.
- Combine ⅓ cup soy sauce, 1 tbsp liquid smoke, 2 tbsp maple syrup, and 1 tsp browning sauce and pour it into the ziplock bag with the mushrooms. Shake and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 15 minutes while you pre-heat your oven to 350º F.
- Once the mushrooms have marinated, pour them onto a pan (along with the “bacon” juices) and bake for 25-30 minutes. The liquid will cook down and the mushrooms will shrink and become sticky like succulent maple bacon.
- Once your mushroom bacon is ready, it’s time to build your B.L.T.! Toast your choice of bread, spread some mayo, layer spring mix, sliced tomato, sliced onions, and a generous topping of the delicious mushroom bacon. Enjoy!
Want to receive more? Please follow our blog to receive updates for our latest recipes!
Want to see more recipes? Click Below!