Vegan Cotija Cheese Recipe –
The hardest part about going vegan is giving up on cheese! Gouda, Parmesan, Manchego, Goat, Cotija, Mozzarella, you name it! No need to fret. We have found the solution to all of your vegan nostalgia. James and I came up with a SUPER easy, 3 ingredient recipe for vegan Cotija Cheese! This recipe is scrumptious on tacos, burritos, sandwiches, salads, and pretty much anything. We use this recipe often for our tacos and make it ahead of time to store in the fridge for about a week. So stop what you’re doing and try out this recipe and let us know what you think! We’d love to see what you guys come up with.
Vegan Cotija Cheese
- 8 oz Extra Firm Tofu We used Trader Joes Organic Extra Firm Sprouted Tofu
- 1.5 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast (Nooch)
- Pinch of Salt
- To make this Cotija cheese authentic, you must use a cheesecloth. Strain the tofu and press all of the liquid out of the tofu using the cheese cloth. The best way is to work in hand-sized chunks to ensure the tofu is as dry as possible.
- Once you have strained all of the liquid out of the tofu with the cheese cloth, place it in a bowl and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir and voila! You have vegan Cotija Cheese! Use as a topping on any dish that calls for fresh cheese. This works especially well on Mexican recipes.
Want to receive more? Please follow our blog to receive updates for our latest recipes!
Want to see more recipes? Click Below!