Vegan Coconut Lime Fish –
Our Vegan Coconut Lime Fish is an awesome quick & easy dinner recipe perfect for any day of the week! This unique vegan recipe is truly better than the real thing and will make you want to share it with all your friends! Our Vegan Thai Coconut Lime Sauce is tangy, savory, creamy, sweet, and with a slight kick of heat that is truly mouth-watering! You’ll be wanting this sauce as a topping on all your dishes after trying it! Especially after how easy it is to make.
For this recipe, we chose to use Gardein Fishless Filets for its amazing texture and flavor. They accomplished to create a vegan alternative to fish that has the exact flaky texture to a beer-battered fish! So good! James and I love having a couple of bags stowed in the fridge for a quick weekday dinner. However, if the Gardein filets are unavailable near you, roasted Cauliflower is a great alternative. Although cauliflower doesn’t resemble the texture of fish, it is a great accessible vegetable for this dish.
Yet again, another mom recipe! As a kid, my mom would make fried tilapia filets with this exact Thai inspired Coconut Lime Sauce and it was honestly my favorite. This recipe is definitely a comfort meal for us and the simple preparation makes it even better! The reason why James and I have become so passionate about vegan food is because of recipes like this where we can take the meals from our prior lifestyle and veganize it with vegan products.
Living a plant-based lifestyle is easy with recipes like these where your senses are detecting the same flavors, textures, and visual appearance you were once accustomed to in your non-vegan routine. James and I truly enjoy scouring the grocery aisles for different vegetables and plant-based products to come up with creative ways to please our palate while still maintaining a healthy diet. Experimenting in the kitchen along with our desire to be healthy and happy with our food has brought us here to where we create these awesome vegan recipes to share with you all! We hope you are inspired by our journey and hop along the ride with us. Comment below if you try out this recipe and let us know what you think! Subscribe below for updates on all of our latest recipes!
Vegan Thai Coconut Lime Fish
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Shallot Diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 1 tsp Garlic Chili Paste
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 Lime Zest & Juice
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Box Powdered Coconut Cream About 3 Ounces
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 Can Sliced Water Chestnuts Optional
- Green Onions For Serving
- 2 Bags Gardein Fishless Fillets
- Rice For Serving
- Preheat your oven and bake/air-fry the fishless filets while you make the Thai Coconut Lime Sauce.
- To make our Thai Coconut Lime Sauce, saute diced half onion, diced shallot, and 4 crushed garlic cloves until fragrant and soft.
- Add 1 tsp garlic chili paste, 1 tsp minced ginger, and the zest of 1 lime to the saucepan and saute for about 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to cook together. Deglaze the pan with the juice of 1 to 2 limes, depending on how tangy your palate desires.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk and half the box of coconut cream to the saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce is thick and creamy, add salt and pepper to taste and the sauce is ready! Add the water chestnuts now if you choose to use them for your meal.
- Serve the fish fillets with the Thai Coconut Lime Sauce ladled over it along with rice or your choice of side. This sauce is to die for and is amazing on anything!
Want to receive more? Please follow our blog to receive updates for our latest recipes!
Want to see more recipes? Click Below!