Vegan Buddha Bowl –
This Vegan Buddha Bowl is the answer to all of your last-minute dinner plans! A vegan buddha bowl is basically a combination of veggies and grains in a bowl, topped with a sauce. It will save your produce before it rots and save you time resulting in a delicious and fulfilling meal. Our delicious buddha bowl features crispy air fried sweet potatoes and our very own avocado cilantro sauce to add the perfect refreshing taste to this bowl. Satiating and easy to prepare is what James and I look for during the week and this is one of those recipes!
I don’t know about you guys but I personally get peeved when we throw out leftover produce from other recipes that could’ve gone to perfectly good use! This plant-based recipe is the perfect way to save those veggies just waiting to get used up in your fridge! Not only are we using up what we have at home but these buddha bowl recipes are a great way to get creative in the kitchen. We all have those days where work was so long you couldn’t get the chance to plan dinner and now you’re home stuck trying to figure out what to make. Well, the great news is that buddha bowls will be your savior! Essentially all you need are grains and veggies topped with a sauce for that extra flavor and you’re good to go.
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
For this vegan buddha bowl, we decided to feature our air fried sweet potatoes because of their delicious flavor and ease of cooking. Sweet potatoes have become sort of a staple in our house because they are nutritious, satiating, versatile, and easy to cook! Tossing the cubed sweet potatoes in 1 tbsp of olive oil will result in perfectly crisp, golden air fryer sweet potatoes. They’re the perfect addition to our plant-based buddha bowl recipe with their subtle sweetness and crispy texture.
James and I have had our fair share of buddha bowls in a variety of ways and it just isn’t the same without a sauce drizzled over. It may be the child-like tendencies in us but there’s nothing like the extra surprise of a GOOD sauce. Our mouth-watering avocado cilantro sauce is the quintessential creamy and refreshing dressing for any salad or buddha bowl. This avocado cilantro sauce is filled with healthy ingredients that are sure to have you adding this sauce on all of your meals.
Nutrient Packed Ingredients
This hearty bowl of nutritious, plant-based ingredients will leave you feeling great! The vitamin C in the greens is amazing for your skin because of its collagen producing qualities. The soluble fibers in this recipe help promote good gut health and leave you feeling satiated. Not only is the beta-carotene in sweet potatoes good for your vision but it is also good for your immune system due to it’s conversion to vitamin A in your body. Now that you have all the information and directions to make this nutritious and savory vegan buddha bowl, it’s time you test this recipe out for yourselves! Let us know in the comments below how it turned out for you. Subscribe for our latest plant-based recipes!
Want to receive more? Please follow our blog to receive updates for our latest recipes!
Vegan Buddha Bowl Recipe
- 2 Cups Brown Rice Cooked
- 1 Can Sweet Corn
- Trader Joe’s Sriracha Tofu Optional
- 2 oz Mixed Baby Greens or Chopped Kale
Air Fried Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes Peeled and Cube
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- 1/2 Hass Avocado
- 3 tbsp Vegan Feta Cheese
- 2~3 tbsp Cilantro
- 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Green Onions Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/3 Cup Plant Milk
- Preheat your air fryer to 425°F, chop your peeled sweet potatoes into small cubes, and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Air fry the sweet potatoes for 18-20 minutes, tossing them at the half pointAir fry the sweet potatoes for 18-20 minutes, tossing them at the half point.
- In the meantime, cook your rice and prepare the sauce by adding half of an avocado, 1/3 cup plant milk, 3 tbsp vegan feta cheese, 2-3 tbsp cilantro, half of a lime, 2 tbsp green onions, 1 garlic clove, and ½ tsp of salt and black pepper to the blender until smooth.
- Once the sweet potatoes are golden and crisp, remove from the air fryer and assemble! In a bowl, add brown rice, a handful of baby greens, a scoop of corn, a scoop of cubed sriracha tofu, and a healthy drizzle of our delicious avocado cilantro sauce! Enjoy!
Want to see more recipes? Click Below!