Sweet Sriracha Brussel Sprouts –
These delicious vegan sweet sriracha Brussel sprouts are the perfect meal for those Chinese takeout cravings! Our Sweet Sriracha Sauce is so mouth-watering, you’ll want to have it on all your veggies. James and I fantasize about Chinese takeout all the time and those weekend cravings have forced us to come up with a healthier, vegan alternative! We love this recipe because we’re using Brussel sprouts as the “protein” rather than a meat substitute product.
This is a great recipe for people who claim they don’t like Brussel sprouts! James and I LOVE Brussel sprouts and it’s because we’ve learned how to cook them properly so that it tastes delicious. The trick to yummy Brussel sprouts is roasting them! Roasting is one of my favorite ways of cooking veggies because it enhances the natural flavor of the vegetable. We are convinced we can convert anyone out there who claims to dislike Brussel sprouts into their #1 fan!
Prior to going vegan, James was a regular at Panda Express. Who doesn’t love that quintessential takeout sweet-spicy sauce like Panda Express? Well, we accomplished that flavor by veganizing it with plant-based ingredients! This recipe is also healthy and super easy to whip up! This 4-ingredient sauce will satisfy your tastebuds without any of the guilt! This sweet sriracha sauce pairs perfectly with a variety of veggies and with rice or noodles.
We decided to serve the roasted sweet sriracha Brussel sprouts with a side of sauteed mushrooms as the perfect pairing for that umami flavor. The great thing about this side: it cooks quickly and has only 2 ingredients! You can also serve this with a side of green beans or any other veggie of your choice. That’s the beauty of cooking: you customize it to YOUR taste! James and I have grown a love for cooking because we get to create whatever we crave with nutritious, plant-based ingredients. The flavor is amazing, we maintain ourselves healthy, and we’re spending quality time in the kitchen together. It is truly an incredible experience when adopting a vegan lifestyle and we hope you give it a try! Let us know in the comments below if you tried out this recipe and how it turned out for you. Subscribe and receive updates on our latest recipes!
Sweet Sriracha Brussel Sprouts
Sweet Sriracha Brussel Sprouts
- 8 oz Baby Bellas Sliced
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- Rice for Serving
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and begin coring and chopping the Brussel sprouts in half.
- Toss the Brussel sprouts in olive oil, salt, and black pepper and roast for 35 minutes.
- While the Brussel sprouts are roasting, make the sweet sriracha sauce by mixing together ⅓ cup agave, 3-4 tbsp sriracha, 1 tbsp melted butter, and 2 tsp garlic powder until combined and set aside.
- While the Brussel sprouts are finishing up, cook up a side of mushrooms (as pictured) by heating up an oiled pan over medium heat and sautéing sliced mushrooms, 1 tbsp soy sauce, & 2 garlic cloves for about 5 minutes or until cooked to desired texture, and set aside.
- Once the 35 minutes are up for the Brussel sprouts, take them out of the oven and toss the Brussel sprouts in the Sweet Sriracha Sauce and roast again for an additional 15 minutes. They should brown and crisp up.
- Serve with rice and sautéed mushrooms. Enjoy!
Want to receive more? Please follow our blog to receive updates for our latest recipes!
Want to see more recipes? Click Below!